As soon as the monsoons depart, your skin care regime undergoes a drastic change. The climate of your century was designed to ruin skins. A temperature that rose and fall at a moment’s notice does nothing for our skin. But now since winter is coming, it’s time to safeguard your skin from the ill effects of winter and the damage it could inflict on your skin. Your skin starts to show the signs of issues.It’s easy to spot. Your skin feels dry, rough and generally proves to skin issues. Other issues include itching, severe redness, flaking and scaling. Your skin may look dull, may crack or even bleed, especially on the hands and feet. Your lips won’t be spared of this horror either. Cold and exposure to cold dry wind cause these problems. Here is how you combat them.
- Use good lotions and moisturizers to relieve dryness and flaking. Body cream that contains oil or natural oils itself helps to seal in moisture. Use products that can gently exfoliate your skin and allow more moisture retention.
- Stay away from antibacterial and deodorant soaps, these can be harsh and will leave your skin dry. As an alternative, use a gentle cleanser or a mild shower gel preferably ones with added moisturizers.
- Though they may seem tempting, avoid extremely hot baths, or shower or soak in the tub for more than 10 minutes. This might break your skin’s natural protective oils, which keeps it soft and smooth.
- Stay warm and bundle yourself up with natural, breathable fabrics. Use cotton and silk, for your bedclothes and intimate layer of clothing.
- It goes without saying that proper good during the winter will benefit your skin.
- Drink plenty of water and other liquids to keep skin hydrated from the inside out.
- Consume food that contains plenty Omega-3s fatty acids which is found in foods such as walnuts, flax seed, soybeans and broccoli etc. These food items can also help keep skin supple.
Book An Appointment https://www.skintreatment-india.com/contact-us.html